Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yolo Artists Directory

http://www.yoloarts.org/artistdetails.asp?id=335

The reason I put this link up on this blog is that, for the first time, I have dared to list myself in public as an artist. It seems like a scary step at the moment because I am living in what feels like a highly risk-tolerant way. No salary. No official ministry. No office to report to every day. The simple life suddenly seems so much more attainable.

In this new simplicity, I am learning to notice the blessings of independence, no daily schedule except my own disciplines, and a boundless ministry which I am free to define as I understand it.

It will be interesting to take next steps with this and my work. I can only wonder at the moment how losing my job, intentionally giving up my own place, and embracing my art can be grasped, articulated, understood, and appreciated. Words come haltingly, so it may be that these things can become tangible only through art.

We shall see.

From Psalm 116:

[5] Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
our God is merciful.
[6] The LORD protects the simple;
when I was brought low, he saved me.

No comments: