Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lest you think I've been lying around doing nothing, I just thought I'd write a line or two summarizing what's been happening over the last few weeks.  Far from kicking back with my paws over my eyes, I've dug in deep to my art practice. Be careful what you pray for, because sometimes the Universe just serves it up, and keeps on giving.  I'm astounded.  It's an embarrassment of riches, and here are the high spots:

Art is Davis  is the new art cooperative downtown Davis, located at 222 D Street, between the Mustard Seed restaurant and the Pence Gallery.  It was started the end of last summer by Seana Burke and Marieke DeWaard.  They were joined in the co-op by Joanne Andresen and Jan Castle Walker.  I'm excited to say I now have studio space in the gallery along with these very talented artists.  My first Davis Art About in the gallery is THIS FRIDAY, March 14th.  And, there's more...

Beginning on Friday, March 21, I am offering a weekly Friday evening Painting for Relaxation series.  This will include instruction in acrylic painting at whatever level the student is, including never having picked up a paintbrush.  Emphasis will be on gaining confidence and just letting go and inviting the creative process to take hold.  All materials are provided, including an encouraging environment.  I see it as a time to kick back, enjoy music and a beverage, and let the stresses of the work week melt away.

Also, beginning on Sunday, April 6, Seana Burke and I will offer the perfect introduction to plein aire art.  It's Spring Sketching and Painting, and will take the student from the basics of sketching here in town using our charming Davis downtown, building skills week-by-week until you can execute an acrylic painting from a site you've sketched.  Painting materials are provided.  The class will meet for 4 sessions.

I'll also be in the gallery several times a week if you just want to stop by and say hi.  Check in with me here, on Facebook at Quicksilver Art and Spirit,,on e-mail at dori.marshall@gmail.com, or on Twitter @Quicksilver1953.

Yes, I'm still teaching Grumbacher Art classes at Michaels, 2175 Bronze Star Drive, Woodland CA where fun new children's curriculum has been added to the popular adult beginners and intermediate classes.  I will continue to teach every Wednesday afternoon (4:00 pm) and evening (6:30 pm) and several weekend days including some Saturdays.  My schedule will be posted on Facebook, on my art page, Quicksilver Art and Spirit..  You can also look for these classes on Michaels.com.

I'm still hosting Sketch Sunday Davis at Monticello Seasonal Cuisine on the second Sunday morning each month.  It's a refreshing time of brunch with fresh, local food and live music.  The art and food are both local, and the sketches done on site are available at affordable prices.

Lastly, there are the things I am grateful to be able to do to feed my soul...life with my family and friends, school and my unstoppable Artist's Way group of creative traveling companions.

Whew!  I think I'll follow Brodie's example and stretch out with my paws over my eyes.  Daylight savings started today and I have a feeling I'll be up early tomorrow!









No comments: