Thursday, April 22, 2010

Artichoke Season!


Sean, Dan, and I sometimes have lively discussions at the dinner table. They usually revolve around music, sports, movies, and, inevitably, get around to food. One thing we all love is when artichokes are in season. Our favorite way to eat them is with melted butter seasoned with garlic. Sean is a master at getting this just right.

The main dish is a spicy stir-fry with a sauce I made up using soy, ginger, some thai chili sauce, a little garlic, a dash of rice vinegar, and a pinch of sugar. You can always tell when I cook because I typically cook brown rice, whereas whenever Dan uses rice it's usually a long-grain white variety.

I haven't had time to paint this yet, but I am always beguiled by the artichoke's lovely design, especially viewed from above. Maybe this weekend!

No comments: